Don’t know what’s come over me recently but I’ve been truly ungrateful with my surroundings. I haven’t moped or complained. I just simply judge by myself, to my self, half the time and it’s making me feel so disgusted with myself.
My husband and I were hit with some news that has made us use nearly all our savings and it’s just won it’s battle with me. I’ve never been in such a negative mind state as I am now. Goodness. This would explain my absence.
Now sitting here in my living room, I read through a page I found online defining “true riches”. Something short, illuminating and sweet.
And so it goes;
“Even in times of financial uncertainty, it’s always important to keep things in perspective.”
Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.
– Henry David Thoreau
- You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
- You didn’t go to sleep outside.
- You had a choice of what clothes to wear this morning.
- You hardly broke a sweat today.
- You didn’t spend a minute in fear.
- You have access to clean drinking water.
- You have access to medical care.
- You have access to the Internet.
- You can read.
- You have the right to vote.
Some might say you are rich, so remember to be grateful for all the things you do have.”